Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Arts and Leisure

I wrote my very first post this afternoon...I am just re-reading it now and minus the typos, which I tried to fix, I am relatively satisfied...everyone has got to start somewhere...If you read my last post you should remember that I said I would like my blog to eventually read like a newspaper...it is probably going to take me some time before I perfect that idea...but it is the reason why I am calling this post...my very SECOND post..."Arts and Leisure"


Below is a poem I wrote...sometime in February I think...I do not write poems often but occassionally I am inspired. I usually doodle my poems on notebooks and stuff...I am by no means a "spoken word artist" or anything like that.


Mona Lisa

The color of a woman's love
of this woman's love
was cool
except in September
when it burned
a tranquil auburn,
making the fast falling leaves of summer
hold on to their branches
just a little longer
and savor the sweet sips of morning dew.

Ever green, not with envy
but with prosperity
her wisdom regal like jade
her loyalty a vibrant lime,
having weathered a storm or two...
her beauty embodies the equisteness of the sublime.

Like a fleeting dream
floating steadily through thin air
nowhere in sight
but always hovering
ready to engulf you with infinite affection.

Close your eyes and instead open your heart,
let it do the canvassing
mixing the shades
to erase the blame from the past
texturizing the possibilities of the future
so that you
and she
can blend.

A piece full of depth and contrasts
Forever testing the boundaries of the status quo
Working in unison beneath a golden framework.
Stop, study, gaze in awe
Because the color of a woman's love
of this woman's love
is a Renaissance
A new start with endless beauty.
Close your eyes and instead open your heart
It paints her colors
If only you'd see...

Maybe not a masterpiece...but certainly an ORIGINAL!!!

ciao!

No comments: