Post 3...I will probably stop counting after 5...or maybe ten...we'll see.
If you have not read my two previous posts...scroll down and start there.
The title of this post is TV Guide...this is the section of the paper where you can find the schedule of TV programs for the week, this section usually only appears in Sunday papers. Not to be harsh, but this section of the newspaper is a waste of paper!! For the most part TV sucks. For whatever reason, not necessarily because I'm "too" busy but I do not find time for a lot of TV during my average day. Nonetheless, when I do turn on the television it would be nice if I were actually entertained. I HATE these reality tv dating shows...what a waste. I can not figure out why anyone would want to go on a show like that. Hell Date, Flavor of Love, The Bachelor, Next...the list goes on...they are all extremely stupid. In addition, the whole reality TV thing is getting pretty generic if you ask me. Not that I have actually counted but I am sure there are more reality tv shows on air than regular sit-coms...or documentaries. I admit, I was an avid Real World fan. I still watch it sometimes...I would say that this show opened the doors for many reality tv shows that are one now. With that said, too much of a good thing is never good...a lot of these shows are all the same and whenever I try to watch them I feel like I am watching the same thing over and over. Top Model, American Idol, I'm tired of watching them...I did not always feel this way about televison though...
Unfortunately, EVERY tv show I REALLY like...always gets cancelled prematurely!! It is very annoying...I do not want to make this post too long but let me mention a couple...like New York Undercover...do you remember that show? Great show!!! Malik Yoba was so sexy then...for some reason I did not find him as attractive when he was on Girlfriends, still not sure exactly why. Anyhoo, I generally find men walking around with toothpicks to be extremely tacky but for some reason it worked for him. Yaay for Detective Williams!!!
I'm realizing that this could be an extremely long post, so let me condense. The google help people said you are less likely to get readers if your posts are too long. I am not sure I really care about that at this point though, I am doing this more for me than the public. So back to my favorite TV shows that were forced off the air before their time...the list includes Felicity...this was a show on the WB that starred Kerri Russell...remember Ben...and Noel...and the sassy black girl? another keeper...unfortuntately when Felicity graduated from college the writers decided to call it quits...I feel like they owed the viewers at least one year of her life post-grad...definitely felt cheated with that one.
Other programs include HBO dramas Soulfood, once you got over the fact that it was not too much like the movie...another goody....OZ, this was the show about the prison inmates, it was kind of scary and there were some pretty graphic scenes, but i did not let that keep me from missing an episode...my dad says they had no choice but to end it because they killed everyone off...lol, which is partially true...but still...they could have written in some new characters or something. My So-Called Life with Claire Danes and Jared Leto is another one. It was very teen angst-y, but it was original...and always managed to keep my attention. I'll end my list there...just know that for the record, I could go on.
One more thing I have to mention before I close. Grey's Anatomy...Excellent show!!! I went through most of my college career without any one show i was really married to...well minus Chappelle's Show...another show cut tragically short forrr...artistic differences i guess...until Grey's came along....if I wasn't by a TV to watch it Thursday nights, I would actually take the time out and watch it on ABC.com. If you have been following up until now you may be thinking that Grey's Anatomy does not fit into the same category as the other shows I have mentioned because it is still on the air, new episodes start in a few weeks. Sooo true...the show has been SEVERELY changed over the last two seasons however. They took off my favorite character...PRESTON BURKE! He had the best story line on the show...most of the time I am not a big advocate of black men dating outside of their race, I have my reasons, but he and Yang...I don't know...I enjoyed watching those two. The writer of that show (a fellow black female by the way, woohoo!) did/does a really good job with the diverse cast. I do not care much about that TR guy aka DR. Bailey or his sexuality...I did not even pay that much attention to him on the show until I was forced to with that whole scandal thing. Even now, I am not too happy with his progress on the show, he ended up failing out of his internship class AND he cheated on the Spanish girl with Izzy!!! What an idiot! Anyways, as you can see, I still try to keep up with Grey's...but it's not the same...I do not watch it with the same enthusiasm I once did. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat bitter over Isaiah Washington's abrupt exit...his leaving the show had nothing to do with me I know, but I still took the loss personally.
To wrap this up on a much more positive note, I will say I am somewhat anticipating this year's fall line-up. CW is piloting a new series called Beverely Hills 90210...based loosely on the 90's series that came on Fox. Dylan McCay aka Luke Perry rocked my world back in the day for some reason...I think it was that fresh Porsche he drove...at any rate, I was a die-hard fan...and I am crossing my fingers that this resurrection will NOT let me down.~~ciao!
If it's meant to be...
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment